Business Core Curriculum
A big-picture view of business is at the core of our BSBA degree. So are the skills that will help you make your mark.
A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) degree at Nichols College provides a broad-based view of business that prepares you to lead organizations and maximize their potential. Through hands-on experiences, you’ll learn and apply knowledge in real scenarios—and gain market-ready skills that employers love. Leadership, communication and professional skills are emphasized across the curriculum, which means you’ll be groomed to be effective—and impressive—in any job you choose.
Our Business Core Curriculum, which every BSBA student completes, is designed to give you a solid foundation in the core principles of business, including accounting, computer information systems, economics, finance, management and marketing. As a BSBA student, you’ll complete a total of 120 credit hours for your degree, including our Business Core courses for 30 credit hours, 18-30 credit hours in your chosen business concentration as well as 53 credit hours in our General Education Core Curriculum. You also have the option of adding a minor into your academic program to complement your chosen concentration.
Business Core Courses
- ECON 221 Principles of Microeconomics or ECON 222 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ACCT 238 Financial Accounting
- ACCT 240 Managerial Accounting
- FIN 203 Principles of Finance
- ITM 209 Information Management and Analytics
- MGMT 227 Leading and Managing Organizations
- MKCM 202 Principles of Marketing
- LSB 327 Business Law and Ethics
- MGMT 365 Operations Management
- LEAD 400 Managing Strategic Initiatives
For descriptions of these courses, see the Nichols College Catalog.