Our health services office is committed to the health of every Nichols student. With a registered nurse and physician on staff, the Merrill Health Center at Nichols is here to help whenever you are sick or injured, and to assist our students in maintaining optimum health and wellness while living on campus.
Open Monday through Friday, we provide care to all currently enrolled full-time day resident and commuter students. Students may contact Health Services during office hours at 508-213-2238 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Physical exams related to possible illnesses and injury
- Over the counter medications
- Limited medical tests, including rapid throat cultures, mono tests, pregnancy tests, influenza tests and blood sugar monitoring. (Additional testing is available through outside laboratories.)
- Some prescription medication by injection
- Assistance and direct referrals when a student has difficulty with personal problems that are best addressed by other professionals
- Follow-up care
- Blood pressure, weight monitoring, BMI and body fat composition monitoring
- An information center stocked with health and wellness brochures and books
When students require medical attention outside of Health Center hours, Harrington Hospital, a regional healthcare system offering comprehensive care, is just 15 minutes from campus. Assistance and transportation is available.
Cost of care
Routine exams and care delivered at the Health Center is free for all full-time students. X-rays, laboratory tests, emergency room fees, prescription drugs and other additional treatments or diagnostic procedures are the financial responsibility of the student. Students who are not covered by their parents’ insurance are required to purchase Nichols student health insurance, which is provided by Consolidated Health Plans.
Health Services Confidentiality
Your medical records remain confidential and are maintained separately from your academic records. Student medical information may not be released without written authorization.
Our health services office is committed to the health of every Nichols student. Please contact us at 508-213-2238 or firstname.lastname@example.org for general health services at Nichols, or 508-213-2108 or email@example.com for mental health services.