Want to come to Nichols? We'll help make it happen.
We may cost a lot less than you think. Nichols scholarships and grants can reduce your tuition cost and make our cost equal to some public institutions. For 2016-2017, a full-time Nichols student received on average about $21K in scholarships and grants from all sources—“free money” which doesn’t need to be repaid.
Our average net price, or the out-of-pocket cost that’s left after all free money is accounted for, was about $26K for a Nichols student living on campus for 2016-2017, which includes room and board. For the 2017-2018 year, 99% of our students received grants directly from Nichols. Read on for some important information and tools that can help you maximize your financial aid at Nichols College.
What you need to know
- Nichols requires only one financial assistance form for applying for financial aid: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA information determines your eligibility for all federal, state and institutional need-based financial assistance.
- Be sure to include the school code for Nichols College (002197).
- You can file your FAFSA anytime after October 1. Our priority deadline is March 1.
- Filing your FAFSA after March 1 can affect the amount of financial assistance you receive. Late applicants may miss opportunities for certain sources of aid.
- Students must complete all financial assistance application requirements to receive financial assistance. Also, students must be enrolled at least half time and maintain satisfactory academic progress including a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students must apply for financial assistance annually by renewing their FAFSA.
- Your financial assistance package may include a combination of federal and state financial options and institutional (Nichols) scholarships and grants, including:
- Need-based and merit scholarships
- Need-based grants
- Work study program
- Student and parent loans
Student Financial Services Resources
- Scholarships & Grants
- Financial Assistance Policies
- Financial Assistance Code of Conduct
- Net Price Calculator
- SFS Newsletter
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Complete MPN for Plus and Stafford Loans
- Complete request for Parent PLUS Loan
- Health Insurance Waiver
- Dewar Refund Insurance
- Student Account Center
- Direct Loan Promissory Note Instructions
- Parent PLUS Promissory Note Instructions
- Dependent Verification Worksheet 2017-2018
- Independent Verification Worksheet 2017-2018
- Request for Special Circumstances 2017-2018
- Instructions for Data Retrieval Tool OR Requesting a Tax Return Transcript
- Financial Information Release Form
- Financial Aid Funds Authorization
- Financial Obligation Agreement