As we address the challenges of working in a constantly evolving technological landscape, the Information Technology team provides high quality, reliable, cost-effective, and innovative solutions. To support its mission, the Information Technology team.
- Enables collaboration across the campus community.
- Provides leadership in the evaluation, planning, implementation, and support of new technologies in a dynamic business environment.
- Offers personable and professional services to all campus constituencies.
Recommended System Specifications
Any Windows 10 or MAC system will work on the Nichols network. When purchasing a new system, Nichols recommends the following minimum configuration:
- Windows 10 64 bit Operating System
- Intel Core i5 Processor
- 14.0″ Display
- 8 GB RAM
- 500GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
- 3 year Accidental Damage Protection (spills and drops)
The following are the primary software applications needed for academic work on campus:
- Office 365 (cloud service) – All Nichols students are given an online Office 365 account, that includes email, contacts, calendar, OneDrive, and online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Microsoft Office (desktop version) – If needed, students may download a Nichols-licensed copy of Microsoft Office desktop version to up to 5 devices at no charge. Windows, Mac, and mobile versions are available.
- Antivirus –Antivirus software is required for all student computers (Windows and Mac) in order to access the internet via the Nichols network in the residence halls. If needed, Nichols recommends Sophos free home edition at https://home.sophos.com.
Residence Hall Services
The IT Department provides support for the following technologies in residence halls:
- Cable TV
- Internet Connection
- Connecting your computer on the campus network
- Standard setup information for gaming consoles
- Wireless Internet access
Online and in-person help is available from Nichols IT, located on the bottom floor of Conant Library.
Below are the services provided to all students:
- Free 30 minutes of support assistance per incident
- Connect computer on Nichols network for internet access
- Microsoft Office
- Antivirus installation
- Basic virus removal