Dr. Khanal developed a passion for teaching as a graduate teaching assistant at University of Missouri Kansas City. There she taught principles of macroeconomics, principles of microeconomics and intermediate macroeconomics. After finishing her PhD in 2014 she spent a year teaching at Arkansas State University where she taught principles of macroeconomics, microeconomics, intermediate macroeconomics and public finance.
- Visiting Faculty, Arkansas State University
- Lecturer, University of Missouri Kansas City
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Missouri Kansas City
- Graduate Research Assistant, Oklahoma State University
- In-house Consultant, Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce & Industries