Prior becoming a Professor, Dr. Alfaro-Barrantes worked in PR and Marketing. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, a Master’s degree in Sport Management with a concentration in Marketing from Northern Illinois University and a Doctorate in Sport Management with a Concentration in Organizational Behavior from Florida State University.
HobbiesI have two sons and we love hiking! I love Crossfit and weightlifting
- Experiential learning projects: Engaging first and second year Principles of Marketing students : Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice, 21(1), 115-124.
- Professional athletes and Gen Z: A commentary on social media influence during the COVID-19 pandemic : Journal of Social Media in Society, 9(2), 381-392.
- Integrating service learning into the Sport Management curriculum : Sport Management Education Journal, 14(1), 67-69.
- Corporate social responsibility and employees’ identification: A model testing : International Journal of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, 7(1), 1-20.
- Amateur sport in Costa Rica
- Sport in Latin America: Policy
- Pro-environmental behavior in the workplace: A review of empirical studies and directions for future research : Business and Society Review, 120(1), 137-160.
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Sport in Society
- Sport Marketing