International Student Forms and Links
The International Student Handbook is a useful tool to help you navigate your life in the US on the Nichols College Campus.Download the International Student Handbook
Academic/Admission related forms
- SEVIS Transfer in form: For students transferring into Nichols from another school.
- SEVIS Transfer out form: Transfer your SEVIS Record.
- Enrollment Verification Request: The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) now provides downloadable enrollment certifications for Nichols College students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students no longer have to request this information through Nichols College’s Registrar’s Office. Students may request this information through the NSC Self-Service Portal.
- Invitation Letter for Family Visit or Commencement: The U.S. Department of State has stated that “Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant’s residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. For additional information, click here.
CPT/OPT Work Authorization Forms
Internship/Co-op (CPT) Registration
- Undergraduate CPT/Internship Registration Form (through Handshake at CPDC)
- Undergraduate/Graduate CPT Internship SEVIS registration Form
- Once the above is completed, you will be issued a new I-20 with your CPT information.
Apply for 12-Month Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- STEP 1: Complete Nichols 12-Month OPT Application (PDF)
- STEP 2: Complete I-765 DRAFT Form (PDF) application for 12-month OPT
- STEP 3: Submit above forms to the OPT Application Form for review
- STEP 4: Schedule an appointment with the International Program office.
- PLEASE NOTE: You MUST complete and submit the above documents BEFORE meeting with an advisor for your OPT review. During your meeting, you will be issued a new I-20 with OPT requested, which you must have BEFORE filing USCIS petition for work authorization.
OPT/STEM OPT Reporting Requirements
- CHANGE OF EMPLOYMENT: Submit OPT Employment Update Form if you are starting, ending, or changing jobs
- CHANGE OF ADDRESS: Submit the Change of Address Form if you move to a new house/apartment/location
- CHANGE OF STATUS: Submit Request to Close SEVIS Record Form if you are changing from F-1 to another status (i.e. H1B, Green Card, etc), OR if you are permanently departing from the US
- STEM OPT CHECK-IN: Submit STEM OPT Check In Form (6,12,18, and 24 months) every 6-months to process your SEVIS Data validation while on STEM OPT, including I-983 progress and final evaluations for 12 and 24-month check-ins.
Know your rights about immigration in the US.
- Immigrant Rights in the US
- At US Airports and Ports of Entry
- If the police stop you
- If you are questioned about your immigration status
- Within the border zone
- Know your rights if you are protesting
- Other Misc
Living in the US
- Checking your I-94 and updating our records
- Obtaining a Social Security Number (SSN) information packet
- Applying for a SSN
- Verification letter for SSN office
- On Campus Employment Form
- Report international travel and request I-20 signature for travel: See the international Program for signature.
Obtaining a Driver’s License
- How to get a MASS driver’s license
- How to get a MASS ID
- Acceptable documentation to obtain a driver’s license
Book an appointment with International Advising.Book Advising Appointment