Tuition and Fees
We’re invested in your future
Your potential is what we believe in—and invest in. It’s why we froze tuition at the 2015-2016 level (and raised it less than 1% over the last 5 years). And it’s why we’re providing more aid than ever before. In fact, once you add up all funding sources, you may find we cost a lot less than you thought.
Tuition & Fees – Academic Year 2018-2019
|Undergraduate Day Tuition1||$33,800|
|Copper Beech Apartments2||$14,370|
¹ The cost of textbooks is not included in tuition charges. Textbooks are purchased separately from the Nichols College Bookstore. Students may be eligible to obtain a book voucher from Student Financial Services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our book voucher program.
² Residency changes during the term:
- Resident to Commuter: If you move off campus during the term, your room and meal is pro-rated according to the Withdrawal Policy. There is a very limited time frame to receive a pro-rate of charges.
- Commuter to Resident: Becoming a resident student mid-term is subject to room availability. Please contact the Residence Life Department to discuss your options at email@example.com.
Additional Fees – Academic Year 2018-2019
|Graduation Fee||$150 per degree earned|
|First Year Student Orientation Fee||$200|
|Lab & Course Fees||$30 to $90|
|Late Payment Fee||$500|
|Overload Fee (excess of 19 credits)||$1,130 per credit|
|Refund Insurance Fee*||$204|
|Single Room Supplement||$2,100|
|Single Room Supplement - Copper Beech||$2,250|
|Returned Check Fee||$50|
|Study Abroad Fee||$500|
*Fees may be waived.
Health Insurance Options
Massachusetts State Law requires that students who attend college full-time pay a health insurance fee. You may qualify to waive this fee. Under state law, every student enrolled in at least a 75% full-time course load must participate in a qualifying student health insurance program or in a health benefit plan with comparable coverage. Massachusetts State Law requires students carrying 9 or more credits be enrolled in a qualified health insurance program. To enroll in the Nichols plan or submit a waiver, please complete the corresponding form at University Health Plans.
Billing and Payment
Statements are available electronically prior to the start of the semester and are due on the following schedule (subject to change):
- Fall 2018: Payment in full or a payment plan must be finalized by July 2, 2018.
- Spring 2019: Payment in full or a payment plan must be finalized by January 2, 2019.
- Summer 2018 and Winter 2019 sessions: Payment is due by the posted payment date for the session.
There are many ways to pay your statement charges:
- 529 Plan Disbursements
- Credit/Debit Cards
- Financial Aid Loans & Grants
- Tuition Management Systems (TMS) Monthly Payment Plans
- GI Bill / Yellow Ribbon Program
- MEFA UPlan
- Scholarships from other companies/organizations in your community and extended community.
Our withdrawal policy explains the official process to withdraw from Nichols College including the refund percentages and time frames. Students who are considering withdrawing should initially contact Katie Moulton, Associate Director of Enrollment & Retention, at 508-213-2402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.