Transfer Students

We strive to make it easy for students to transfer to Nichols. Whether you’re coming from a two-year or four-year college, we will help apply your previous work to a Nichols degree.

As a transfer student, you’ll follow our standard application process. You will also submit official transcripts of all previous college or university work attempted, whether or not you plan to transfer the credits. If you attend a community college in Massachusetts, transferring credits could be even simpler thanks to our articulation agreements. Apply today and start preparing for a meaningful career.

Transfer Scholarships and Grants

Nichols College offers both academic scholarships and need-based grants. To be eligible for an academic scholarship, the applicant must be applying from a regionally accredited two- or four-year college or university and have maintained at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA. If the applicant has completed fewer than 24 credit hours of college work, the GPA will be averaged with the overall high school GPA. Students applying for need-based financial aid who are filling out the FAFSA may also qualify for an additional transfer grant between $2,000 and $4,000, depending on need. Students must have completed at least 12 credit hours of college work to qualify for the transfer grant.

Transfer Credit

Nichols has partnered with to provide prospective transfer students with a quick and easy way to plan ahead. Our course equivalency guide allows students to see how their courses from previous institutions may transfer in based upon our historical data. We consistently update our equivalency database, so just because a course or institution may not be on our list, does not mean it will not transfer.
Please note that this guide is simply for informational purposes only. Final decisions about acceptance of course credit will be made by the registrar’s office in accordance with the guidelines listed below.

Courses for transfer credit are evaluated on the following guidelines:

  • Courses must have been taken at a regionally accredited four-year or two-year college.
  • You must have earned a grade of “C” or higher.
  • The course or courses must be similar to a course or courses offered at Nichols and applicable to one of our degree programs.
  • The maximum number of credit hours allowed for transfer is 90 semester hours.
  • Only 6 semester hours are permitted for transfer credit toward junior/senior specialization requirements.
  • All transfer students must take at least 30 semester hours at Nichols College and complete all degree requirements for graduation.
  • Nichols College evaluates non-traditional credit according to the recommendations of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
  • Once enrolled at Nichols, you must receive approval from the Registrar before registering for course(s) at another institution for transfer credit to Nichols College.
  • Mathematics and accounting courses must be taken within the last 10 years. Computer courses must be taken within the last 5 years.

Upon admission, copies of your transcript are sent to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation. The Registrar will send you notification of credits transferred.

Articulation Agreements

Nichols College maintains cooperative relationships with select two-year colleges to facilitate the transfer process and the award of credit for prior college-level work:   

  • Mount Wachusett Community College, MA
  • Quinsigamond Community College, MA

For more information about transferring to Nichols, contact elizabeth [dot] graham [at] nichols [dot] edu or 508-213-2141.