Want to transfer to Nichols? We’ll make it easy.
Empowered by the experiences and skills they've found at Nichols, our graduates make an impact in business and in their community. They leave here career-ready, and ready to lead. That's why we're committed to making your transfer process as easy as possible. Because we believe our opportunities are worth making a change for.
If you're a student at an area community college, we just made your transfer process even easier–and completely seamless. Through our ABLE initiative, students attending one of our partnering community colleges can transfer their entire associate's degree to Nichols and finish their bachelor's degree here at an affordable rate. Hear all about it in this brief informational video or read more on our community college transfer programs.
At Nichols, we strive to be the most transfer-friendly private college in Massachusetts–we believe in an accessible education. So no matter which institution you're transferring from, we'll:
- Help you apply your previous college work to a Nichols degree.
- Design a degree completion plan that works for you, so you can graduate on-time and on-schedule.
- Consider you for our full range of scholarships, grants and financial aid–including our Transfer Grant.
- » Admission Requirements
We accept applications throughout the year and there is no fee to apply. Applicants will need to submit the following information:
- A completed Nichols College undergraduate application
- Official final high school transcript with the date of graduation on it
- Official college transcript(s) from all institutions attended
- Essay or personal statement regarding your desire to transfer (waived for students transferring from a partner institution)
- One letter of recommendation (waived for students transferring from a partner institution)
- SAT or ACT scores (waived if you have been out of high school for over two years)
Send your official transcripts from all previous institutions you attended. All admission documents and correspondence should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
124 Center Road
Dudley, MA 01571
Please complete your Nichols College application online.back to top
- » Transfer Credit Policy
Transfer Credit Policy
This guide is simply for informational purposes only. Final decisions about acceptance of course credit will be made by the Registrar’s Office.
Courses for transfer credit are evaluated according to the following guidelines:
- You must have earned a grade of a “C” or higher in each course
- Courses must have been taken at a regionally accredited college or university
- Courses taken must be comparable to those offered at Nichols
- Courses taken must also be applicable to one of our degree programs
- Mathematics and accounting courses must have been taken within the last 10 years
- Computer courses must have been taken within the last 5 years
- The maximum number of transfer credits allowed is 90 credits
- Only 6 credits are permitted toward a junior or senior specialization
- Only 3 credits are permitted for transfer credit toward a minor
- A maximum of 30 credits may be transferred from DANTES or CLEP
- The capstone course (MGMT 485) is ineligible for transfer credit and must be taken at Nichols College
- Nichols College evaluates non-traditional credit according to the recommendations of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and courses must be American Council on Education (ACE) approved
- Once enrolled at Nichols, you must receive approval from the Registrar before registering for course(s) at another institution for transfer credit to Nichols College
- All transfer students must take at least 30 semester hours at Nichols College, immediately preceding graduation and complete all degree requirements for graduation.
- 30 of the final 36 credits must be taken at Nichols College
- In order to be eligible for commencement honors, a student must take 30 credit-hours at Nichols College and must achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.20
Nichols does not accept ESL, remedial and pass or fail courses.back to top
- » Transfer Scholarships & Grants
Transfer Scholarships & Grants
Students may be eligible for our full range of scholarships and grants.
- Students applying for need-based financial aid who are filling out the FAFSA may also qualify for a transfer grant between $2,000 and $4,000, depending on need
- Students must have completed at least 12 credit hours of college work to qualify for the transfer grant.
- » Community College Transfer Partnerships
Community College Transfer Partnerships
Through our ABLE Initiative, we offer community college transfer programs that create a pathway for you to earn a business degree in high-demand fields from a leading private college at an affordable rate. If you’re a student at one our partner schools, you can seamlessly transfer your entire associate’s degree (or even up to 90 credits) and finish you bachelor’s degree by earning a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree at Nichols.
- Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI)
- Quinebaug Valley Community College (QVCC)
- Quinsigamond Community College (QCC)
- Mount Wachusett Community College (MWCC)
Read more for full partnership details and concentrations, and contact your college’s transfer representative.back to top
We want to talk to you!
We’re here to help—so contact us if you have questions about Nichols, our application process or scheduling a visit. Call or email Beth Graham, Associate Director of Enrollment, at 508-213-2141 or email@example.com. And check out Beth’s admission counselor profile to learn a little bit about her, including why she’s excited to help prospective transfer students like you.