Brian served as an adjunct faculty member before joining the Sport Management program full-time in 2018.
Prior to that, he was the Director of Rowing Programs for Riverfront Recapture, a Hartford, CT nonprofit recapturing the riverfront for community use. Under his leadership, Riverfront Rowing became one of the largest rowing programs in New England; served over 650 members annually, including adaptive, inner-city, and veterans rowing and kayaking; and hosted the Head of the Riverfront Regatta, a sporting event with over 3,000 competitors and 10,000 spectators. Brian also tutored student-athletes at the University of Connecticut; coached rowing at Wesleyan University; and mentored under former Olympic rowing coach, Stan Pocock.
He earned an MA in English and an MS in Labor Relations at Iowa State University.
- Integrating Service Learning into the Sport Management Curriculum : Sport Management Education Journal, V 14 , Issue 1, April 2020
- Joining forces in experiential learning: A Sport Management approach : Presented at the Association for Experiential Education International Conference. Pittsburg, PA, Virtual
- Finding your superpower in the time of COVID-19 : Presented at the Annual conference of the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation, Virtual
Industry ExperienceDirector of Rowing Programs, Riverfront Recapture
HobbiesBrian lives in Coventry, CT with his three sons, Will, Wyatt, and Wade.
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Sport and Society
- Sport Communication
- Sport Practicum: Nichols College Sports TV
- Professional Writing
- Biohacking 101