Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30am–4:30pm
Within a supportive community, Nichols College transforms today’s students into tomorrow’s leaders through a dynamic, career-focused business and professional education. Our faculty and staff take seriously their role in transforming students into successful graduates who respond to challenges, are eager for responsibility and assume significant roles in the global economy. If that sounds like you, consider joining our campus community.
Open Positions | Faculty
ADJUNCT FACULTY: Mathematics
The Nichols College Mathematics Program is searching to fill an adjunct position for the Fall 2014 semester. Two courses in College Mathematics are currently available. The meeting days for the courses are Wednesdays and Fridays. The first course meets from 12:15-1:30 and the second course meets from 2:15-3:30.
A Master’s degree in Mathematics or a related field is required; demonstrated successful teaching at the collegiate level is preferred.
MATH 117 College Mathematics
A standard course in college algebra covering linear equations, functions, equations of lines, quadratic functions, exponential and logarithmic functions.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Dr. Nichols Gorgievski
P.O. Box 5000
Dudley, MA 01571
Or via e-mail to nick [dot] gorgievski [at] nichols [dot] edu
Open Positions | Professional
Assistant Director of Recruiting
DEPARTMENT: Graduate and Professional Studies (GPS)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of GPS
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant Director of Recruiting will play an important role in the continual enrollment growth of Nichols College’s adult learning population. The Assistant Director is considered part of the leadership team in the division and will participate in the planning process for all recruitment activities and be responsible for meeting targets.
Knowledge, Skills & Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to be a collaborative leader who can easily work with students and staff.
- Ability to manage time and multitask.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- 3-5 years experience working with the adult learning population.
- 3-5 years experience in sales or recruiting.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, persuasive negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- A goal-oriented, self-motivated approach for achieving consistent results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and articulate the GPS mission and strategic goals.
- Ability to articulate GPS programs to prospective students and address the following potential objections or concerns: career advancement, career change, cost of tuition, accreditation, schedule requirements and flexibility, graduation rates and success, credit transfer policy and online/face-to-face delivery methods.
- Meet or exceed annual recruitment goals.
- Update and report on key metrics weekly, such as inquiry reports, yield reports and funnel data.
- Ensure the integrity of the data captured in the CRM.
- Coordinate and organize on campus, offsite, and virtual recruiting programs.
- Serve as the division’s representative in public appearances, including information sessions, open houses, association/professional organizations and community development events that showcase the College, and identify opportunities to expand GPS programs.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop the recruitment plan and strategy.
- Recruit students for all GPS offerings; spend the majority of the day on the phone, on the road, or on social media outlets to recruit new students.
- Qualify “suspects” and turn “prospects” over to the Associate Director of Admissions.
- Provide superior customer service to prospective students throughout the entire recruiting process.
- Work closely with institutional marketing to assist in developing a marketing strategy to drive growth and increase visibility of GPS programs, including advertising, communication flow and web outreach efforts.
- Organize information sessions, evaluate their success and provide feedback to the Executive Director.
- Implement new initiatives to enhance recruitment efforts to ensure a strong pipeline of prospective students.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Admissions to create a smooth transition for potential candidates.
- Initiate communication and network with relevant industries to establish professional connections and opportunities to increase number of prospects.
- Provide Executive Director with feedback and data on current recruiting strategies and competitor programming.
- Infuse entrepreneurial spirit into the recruitment process and recommend new recruiting channels to the Executive Director.
- Available nights and weekends as needed.
- Other duties or committee responsibilities as assigned.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team please submit resumes to Katie Cushing, Nichols College Human Resources:
Dept of Human Resources
123 Center Road
Dudley, MA 01571
humanresources [at] nichols [dot] edu
Other Open Postitions
Part Time Club Women’s Volleyball Coach
Date Position Available:October 1, 2014
Application Deadline:Until Position is filled.
Application procedure:To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to: Katie.Cushing@Nichols.edu
- Create an environment that values and promotes the mission of Nichols College and Center for Student Involvement.
- Develop a competitive Women’s Club Volleyball program that will transition into a NCAA Division 3 program in the Fall of 2016.
- Maintain a high standard of safety and integrity in all aspects of program management.
- Create an environment that fosters school pride and positive experience for all members of the Women’s Volleyball program.
- Oversee the safety and security of all participants in the program during all practices and competitions to ensure proper techniques and drill procedures are being followed at all times.
- Create an environment that values and promotes the academic experience of the club sport participant.
- Develop leadership skills and instill core values in involved members of the Women’s Club Volleyball program.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all Nichols College and Center for Student Involvement policies, procedures
- Hire, train, and supervise assistant coaches (if needed).
- Recruit prospective student-athletes through the admissions process and represent the program, along with Nichols College at major events- both on and off campus-throughout the calendar year.
- Team Management: Budgeting, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Competition and Practice Coaching, and Public Relations.
- Coordinate team participation with departmental and team fundraising efforts.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Director of the Center of Student Involvement.
- Required 15 -20 hours per week coaching and 5-10 hours of administrative work per week.
General Position Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and desire to relate well with the Nichols College community.
- Proven track record of building a competitive Women’s Volleyball program and fostering a positive environment.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with multiple constituencies.
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, and travel logistics.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree preferred and coaching experience.
Application Procedure: To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to: brian [dot] quinlan [at] nichols [dot] edu
Brian M. Quinlan
Director of the Center for Student Involvement
124 Center Rd.
Dudley, MA 01571
brian [dot] quinlan [at] nichols [dot] edu