Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30am–4:30pm
Within a supportive community, Nichols College transforms today’s students into tomorrow’s leaders through a dynamic, career-focused business and professional education. Our faculty and staff take seriously their role in transforming students into successful graduates who respond to challenges, are eager for responsibility and assume significant roles in the global economy. If that sounds like you, consider joining our campus community.
Open Positions | Faculty
Graduate & Professional Studies - Accounting / Finance Adjunct Faculty
Nichols College’s rapidly growing Graduate and Professional Studies division is seeking dynamic and energetic adjunct faculty members to join our team. Interested candidates should possess accounting and finance backgrounds.
Teach a variety of graduate level accounting and finance courses. Areas of specialization should include: Audit, Non-Profit Accounting, Forensic Accounting, Managerial Finance, Investments and Financial Reporting. Successful candidates will possess significant work experience in the field and a desire to work with adult learners.
Candidates must possess a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution, with a CPA or CMA designation preferred, and 5+ years of related professional experience. Successful candidates will be expected to mentor and encourage students, engage in ongoing professional development, and have some experience with experiential learning.
Review of applications will begin immediately and this will continue to be an ongoing process due to our high demand for adjunct faculty. Please forward a letter of interest, resume, any certifications, as well as the name of three professional references to Penny Griswold, Director of Academic Programs, at Penny [dot] Griswold [at] nichols [dot] edu or Nichols College, Box 5000, Dudley MA 01571. Nichols College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Assistant Professor of Finance
TERM: 2015 Fall Semester
JOB SUMMARY & REQUIREMENTS:
Nichols College, a business-oriented, four-year College, seeks a qualified candidate in Finance, to begin employment in the 2015 fall semester. This is a non-tenure track, three-year renewable appointment with potential to transfer to the tenure track.
Candidates should demonstrate a passion for and skill at undergraduate teaching and mentoring. Additional duties include advising, participation in College governance, and active involvement in the Nichols community.
The teaching responsibility is a 4-course load, including introductory and upper-level courses. Interest in research/scholarship is expected and supported. Interdisciplinary collaboration in teaching and research is encouraged at Nichols College.
For this position, an earned doctorate is preferred. Teaching responsibilities will include several sections of Principles of Finance and upper-division courses. Practical business experience is also desirable.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until these positions are filled. Please forward a letter of interest, resume, and the names of three professional references to Nichols College, Director of Human Resources, 123 Center Road, Dudley, MA 01571.
Nichols College is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Department of Human Resources
123 Center Road
Dudley, MA 01571
Open Positions | Professional
Director of Public Relations
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To:Associate Vice President for Marketing & Communications
Under general direction of the Associate Vice President for Marketing & Communications, the Director of Public Relations leads, coordinates, and performs all public information as it relates to Nichols mission, vision and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as primary liaison to external media with responsibility for Nichols’ image development. Works closely with representatives of the press, radio, and television, providing college news, photos and information. Serves as the central resource for public information and as the initial point of contact for media inquiries. Oversees news release information and college feature stories; conveys information to publicize and represent campus activities, programs and events externally.
- Acts as College spokesperson.
- Identifies, develops and maintains relationships with service, business and professional organizations in support of the College, its students, and its programs.
- Serves as the primary liaison with local governments, the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA) and other organizations in support of the College, its students, and its programs.
- Advises the Associate Vice President on issues associated with public and community relations.
- Works with Academic Affairs in the compilation and publication of Nichols academic catalog.
- Identifies areas of faculty and staff expertise for story development and/or promotion of the College’s expertise in matters consistent with the College’s mission.
- Edits all public information to assure accuracy and compliance with branding standards.
- Maintains records related to Nichols’ public information activities and results. Provides a report at year-end.
- In cooperation with the Dean of Students, ensures that the Crisis Management Plan is an active, updated document.
- Attends events on campus and writes stories/press releases as needed. Coordinates press coverage for events when required.
- Supervises the College’s online site for recognizing student achievement and leadership.
- Supervises the positions of copywriter and freelance writer.
- Assists with planning and executing an integrated communications and media campaign that raises the visibility and awareness of the College and supports the goals of recruiting, development, alumni relations, and community relations.
- Serves as co-editor of the Nichols Magazine.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and five years of related experience, preferably in an institution of higher education. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior proven experience leading and collaborating with a creative, self-motivated team, including but not limited to writers (news, publications, and online), web designers, graphic artists, photographers, and/or videographers.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to have the flexibility to work closely with multiple constituents, including faculty, students, staff, College trustees, alumni, and the external community.
- Must possess a sense of humor.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with institutional advancement preferred.
- Experience in interpreting and applying data analysis is highly desirable.
Physical Job Components
- Able to use office and telecommunication equipment.
- Driving and traveling may be expected at times.
- Nights and weekend work may be expected at times.
- Light to moderate lifting of files, supplies and office materials.
Department of Human Resources
123 Center Road
Dudley, MA 01571
Director of Athletics
DATE: January 2015
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Vice President for Administration
Nichols College is a four-year private, not-for-profit, coeducational institution offering bachelor’s, and master’s degrees as well as certificate programs. Within a supportive community, the College’s mission is to transform today’s students into tomorrow’s leaders through a dynamic, career-focused business and professional education. The College is an NCAA DIII institution.
This is a full-time, twelve (12) month salaried administrative appointment, responsible for the leadership, management and vision of the department of athletics while overseeing 20 varsity intercollegiate sports competing in the Commonwealth Coast Conference, New England Football Conference, ECAC Northeast Men’s Hockey League and ECAC Women’s East League.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree strongly preferred with experience in collegiate athletics and administration
- Genuine understanding and commitment to NCAA Division III intercollegiate athletics philosophy
- Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills plus an ability to work with all constituencies of the campus
- Demonstrated supervisory, fiscal, and management skills to effectively oversee all athletics programs
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and able to handle a multi-task work environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency
- Valid driver’s license
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide vision, comprehensive management and financial stewardship for the department of athletics
- Direct, plan, coordinate and assess the College’s athletics programs ensuring the programs are in compliance with NCAA and sport conference regulations and meet the needs of the campus community
- Acquire, mentor, supervise, and evaluate personnel to ensure departmental goals are met
- Ensure the compliance of all Athletics Department employees with Title IX regulations, the laws, policies, rules and regulations governing Nichols College and its employees
- Oversee the supervision, maintenance, scheduling of all athletics facilities and game operations
- Oversee the departmental commitment to academic excellence and integrity
- Oversee the recruitment of student-athletes and coordinate services to meet their needs
- Maintain collaborative relations with all departments and offices on campus
- Develop alumni relations for the promotion of the department
- Serve as the liaison to the College’s administration and outside affiliations
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed for the College
- Report any misconduct occurrences to VP for Administration immediately
PHYSICAL JOB COMPONENTS:
- Able to use office and telecommunication equipment
- Traveling to be expected
- Ability to communicate in writing and orally
Applications accepted until March 1st.
Send letter of application, resume and references to:
Katie Cushing Assistant Director of Human Resources Nichols College Box 5000 Dudley, MA 01571 Or via email to: Katie [dot] Cushing [at] nichols [dot] edu
Nichols College is an equal opportunity employer and educator and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Other Open Positions
Part Time Dance Team Coach
Date Position Available: February 1, 2015
Application Deadline: Until position filled.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to: Katie [dot] Cushing [at] nichols [dot] edu
- Create an environment that values and promotes the mission of Nichols College and the Student Involvement Office.
- Develop a competitive Dance Team, while hosting a variety of campus events throughout the academic year.
- Maintain a high standard of safety and integrity in all aspects of program management.
- Create an environment that fosters Bison Pride and a positive experience for all members of the Dance Team.
- Oversee the safety and security of all participants in the program during all practices and competitions to ensure proper techniques and procedures are being followed at all times.
- Create an environment that values and promotes the academic experience of the Dance Team participant.
- Develop leadership skills and instill core values in involved members of the Dance Team.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all Nichols College and Student Involvement policies, procedures
- Recruit prospective student-athletes through the admissions process and represent the program, along with Nichols College at major events- both on and off campus-throughout the calendar year.
- Team Management: Budgeting, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Competition and Practice Coaching, and Public Relations.
- Coordinate team participation with departmental and team fundraising efforts.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Director of Student Involvement.
- Required 15 -20 hours per week coaching and 5-10 hours of administrative work per week.
General Position Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and desire to relate well with the Nichols College community.
- Proven track record of building a competitive Dance Team and fostering a positive environment.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with multiple constituencies.
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, and travel logistics.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred as well as previous Dance Team coaching experience
Brian M. Quinlan
Director of the Center for Student Involvement
124 Center Rd.
Dudley, MA 01571
brian [dot] quinlan [at] nichols [dot] edu