Code of Conduct for the Office of Student Financial Services
The staff of the Office of Student Financial Services at Nichols College is committed to the highest standards of professional conduct. We are members of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and follow the code of conduct established by NASFAA for its members.
NASFAA Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Professionals
An institutional financial aid professional is expected to always maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct in all aspects of carrying out his or her responsibilities, specifically including all dealings with any entities involved in any manner in student financial aid, regardless of whether such entities are involved in government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity.
In doing so, a financial aid professional should:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves.
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything of other than nominal value from any entity (other than an institution of higher education or a governmental entity such as the U.S. Department of Education) involved in the making, holding, consolidating, or processing of student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory body or as part of a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity.
- Disclose to his or her institution, in such a manner as his or her institution may prescribe, any involvement with or interests in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.