Student Financial Services
Our student financial services team provides students who demonstrate financial need with the resources needed to finance a Nichols College education. Last year, 98% of our incoming students received financial assistance, and more than 95% of our student body received grants directly from Nichols. When looking at all funding sources, the average financial assistance package for a full time student exceeds $30,155 per year.
What you need to know
- Nichols requires only one financial assistance form: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA information determines your eligibility for all federal, state and institutional need-based financial assistance.
- You can file your FAFSA anytime after January 1. Our priority deadline is March 1. You may file online or obtain a paper form by calling the Department of Education at 1-800-4-FED-AID. Be sure to include the school code for Nichols College (002197-00). This code ensures that we receive a summary of your information and can process an award.
- Filing your FAFSA after March 1 can affect the amount of financial assistance you receive. Late applicants may miss opportunities for certain sources of aid.
- Nichols College participates exclusively in the William D. Ford Direct Loan program. Federal Stafford, Federal PLUS and Federal Grad PLUS loans are now processed through the Direct Loan program.
- Students must complete all financial assistance application requirements to receive financial assistance. Also, students must be enrolled at least half time and maintain satisfactory academic progress including a cumulative G.P.A of 2.0 or higher.
- Students must apply for financial assistance annually by renewing their FAFSA.
- Your financial assistance award may include a combination of financial options, including:
- Need-based and merit scholarships
- Need-based grants
- Work study awards
- Student and parent loans
Student Financial Services Resources
- Scholarships & Grants
- Financial Assistance Policies
- Financial Assistance Code of Conduct
- Net Price Calculator
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Complete MPN for Plus and Stafford Loans
- Complete request for Parent PLUS Loan
- Direct Loan promissory note instructions
- Parent Plus promissory note instructions
- Dependent Verification Worksheet 2014-15
- Independent Verification Worksheet 2014-2015
- Request for Special Circumstances
- Instructions for FAFSA Data Retrieval Tool OR Requesting a Tax Return Transcript
For questions about the financial aid process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.