Want to come to Nichols? We'll help make it happen.
We may cost a lot less than you think. Nichols scholarships and grants can reduce your tuition cost and make our cost equal to some public institutions. For 2016-2017, a full-time Nichols student received on average about $21K in scholarships and grants from all sources—“free money” which doesn’t need to be repaid.
Our average net price, or the out-of-pocket cost that’s left after all free money is accounted for, was about $26K for a Nichols student living on campus for 2016-2017, which includes room and board. For the 2016-2017 year, more than 98% of Nichols incoming students received financial assistance. Read on for some important information and tools that can help you maximize your financial aid at Nichols College.
What you need to know
- Nichols requires only one financial assistance form for applying for financial aid: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA information determines your eligibility for all federal, state and institutional need-based financial assistance.
- Be sure to include the school code for Nichols College (002197).
- You can file your FAFSA anytime after October 1. Our priority deadline is March 1.
- Filing your FAFSA after March 1 can affect the amount of financial assistance you receive. Late applicants may miss opportunities for certain sources of aid.
- Students must complete all financial assistance application requirements to receive financial assistance. Also, students must be enrolled at least half time and maintain satisfactory academic progress including a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students must apply for financial assistance annually by renewing their FAFSA.
- Your financial assistance package may include a combination of federal and state financial options and institutional (Nichols) scholarships and grants, including:
- Need-based and merit scholarships
- Need-based grants
- Work study program
- Student and parent loans
Student Financial Services Resources
- Scholarships & Grants
- Financial Assistance Policies
- Financial Assistance Code of Conduct
- Net Price Calculator
- SFS Newsletter
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Complete MPN for Plus and Stafford Loans
- Complete request for Parent PLUS Loan
- Health Insurance Waiver
- Dewar Refund Insurance
- Student Account Center
- Direct Loan Promissory Note Instructions
- Parent PLUS Promissory Note Instructions
- Dependent Verification Worksheet 2016-2017
- Independent Verification Worksheet 2016-2017
- Request for Special Circumstances 2016-2017
- Dependent Verification Worksheet 2017-2018
- Independent Verification Worksheet 2017-2018
- Request for Special Circumstances 2017-2018
- Instructions for Data Retrieval Tool OR Requesting a Tax Return Transcript
- Financial Information Release Form
- Financial Aid Funds Authorization
- Financial Obligation Agreement