Professor of Accounting and Finance / Accounting Program Chair
John [dot] Armstrong [at] nichols [dot] edu 508-213-2124
- BS, Accounting, Bentley College
- MBA, Finance, Pace University
Professor Armstrong has more than 35 years of public accounting experience and is also an owner of the CPA firm, Armstrong & Nogler. He has been a quality control, ethics and expert witness consultant, and peer reviewer for numerous regional and local CPA firms. He is an active member and leader in the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants where he has served as Chair of a number of committees including the Board of Trustees, Professional Ethics Committee, and Quality Review Education Committee.
Due to his extensive accounting experience and contacts in the field, Professor Armstrong has recommended and placed more than 200 students for internships and full-time positions at CPA firms and other organizations.
Professor Armstrong teaches the following classes:
- Financial Accounting
- Introductory Accounting I and II
- Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I, II, and III
- Advanced Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Managerial Cost Analysis
- Government/Non-profit Accounting Seminar
- Accounting for Managers
- Foundations for Accounting
- Management Accounting and Control Managerial Cost Analysis
- Foundations of Finance
- Financial Decision Making
- Security Analysis
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting and Control
- Armstrong & Nogler, CPA
- Ernst & Young, former Consultant/Supervisor, Audit
- New York State Comptroller’s Office, former Staff Auditor
Hobbies, Activities, etc.
In his spare time, he enjoys playing golf at famous golf courses and marshaling at major golf tournaments.